The tip of the Hoc, Normandy landing beach Site
- On April 15, 1944, an impressive formation of Allied bombers from the land, bombed the Pointe du Hoc three times. The farm GUELINEL requisitioned by the enemy, serving as a canteen, and stables that housed the horses that had the function to pull the gun batteries were destroyed.
- 6 encuvements for 115 mm guns were destroyed, and three guns were heavily damaged and rendered ineffective.
- On the night of April 25 to 26, 1944, the other intact cannons were moved inland, to more than 1.3 kilometers in a way and camouflaged. At the location of the guns moved the Germans will place wooden dummy guns to deceive aerial reconnaissance Allied forces. The famous organization "Todt" the engineer Fritz Todt, founder of the largest civil engineering project German, responsible for the construction of the battery Hoc, ordered the stoppage of construction, the location was deemed risky and too dangerous .
- On June 4, 1944 is the last planned bombing before the date of the landing of June 6, 1944, more than 85 bombers Douglas A-20 Havoc who will pour 100 tons of bombs on the German battery, then around 35 Boeing B-17, which pounded more beautiful site, also with 100 tons of bombs. These bombings will have in fact little effect, having barely damaged three bunkers the Germans soldiers were.